Nyxheim

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Graphic Shop is now OPEN, get your character profiles posted and place your order! Click here!
Keep up with the global storyline! CLICK HERE!

3 posters

Tristan

Tristan
    Tristan

Tristan Empty Tristan

Post  Tristan Tue May 29, 2012 11:04 pm

“If I were able to write a book, “if” is a big play in this, I would write a story with chapters that invoke powers of admiration and creativity. I could be one of the greats…

-- scratch that: I could be the Greatest! The one that sets the bar of which future generations conform. My words would last an eternity. The problem lies in words. My words, especially, as they are two-faced whores selling themselves to the minds of everyone -- everyone except me.”

Name: Tristan Niveus

Aliases: None

Birthdate: 03/15/344 (19)

Race: Efferii (Wolf essence)

Appearance: exceptionally ordinary. Tristan mostly passes off as any other human, save for a few physical traits from his animal essence: thick, snow-white hair, gray eyes, and his unusually sharp-looking canines (ouch!). But there is something about Tristan’s calm, casual demeanor that can either divide or fade him into countless others. Exactly what that is may be difficult to understand. Unlike others from North Wolf heritage, Tristan is a bit smaller than the average male, much like his father, standing around 5’8”.

Transformation: Tristan is able to shift into his animal essence, a wolf, with ease. In this form he has snow-white fur much in contrast to his father, with a darker, stone-gray look. Tristan is smaller than the typical Wolf Efferii  though still holds a natural disposition to remain physically stout. While in this form his senses are enriched further than his already impressive set, and has a great amplification of stamina to boot. Unlike most Efferii, Tristan has yet to understand transfiguration.  

Personality: Personality: tends to display temperamental tendencies. Tristan is stubbornly ambitious and highly curious of new information. He also appears to lack common sense in situations that are otherwise simple to others despite his intellectual drives. Tristan seems to have a relatively decent hold on his tendencies in the company of newer people, often appearing shy or out of place in social activities.

Alignment: Neutral Good

Languages Spoken: Esferin and Avarin; semi-fluent in Eldarin.

Job/Class: waiter. Seeks profession as a writer.

Material:

Tristan owns a variety of books with subjects that range from history to philosophy. Although he has yet to truly explore his dreams to becoming a professional writer, mostly through “necessity of the times,” he is usually found with his Marker: a leather bag consisting of notebooks and pencils. In addition to these, Tristan has recently received a multitude of letters bound in book-format wrapped in a dense fabric. The “book” is without title.  

Talents: Tristan has the innate abilities of most any Efferii minus the commonality of transfiguration (a fact that deeply irritates him). He has highly sharp senses that have yet to be fully explored. Tristan has also displayed a seemingly natural talent for questioning what “is?” as well as the use of words.

Skills: A few skills stemmed from his talents include creative thinking, at least as far as literary concepts and a possible theoretical approaches to the philosophical and scientific “universe.” Tristan is an incredible student in studies despite his seemingly difficult adjustments to typical authority. A notable skill is his affinity to learn very fast, such as language.  

Background/History:

Tristan comes from a relatively small line of rejected to-doers: a mother and father with high intellectual ambitions that were otherwise unsuited, physically and socially, to remain in Nifredil with their tribe. Their theoretical and high optimistic standpoints took them away from the Northern lands and into the more “civilized” society of Howldon.

Unfortunately, with some regret, his parents did not make it far beyond the hypothetical lines of their dreams. His father settled with menial service work for many years before finding a position as a salesman--position that he would find a large amount of success. Slowly, however, as the work carried on with such lack of mental freedom requirement, his opinionated standpoints dwindled as his spirit, as a being, dulled ever so slightly. He does not allow his disappointments to control his actions however, at least not willingly. He is still very active in the community.

Tristan’s mother is a similar case: she worked as a waitress for many years before finally finding some success in a new friendship with the owner, eventually having an ownership interest. Her career has not moved forward from that point.

It was somewhere between these career paths that Tristan was introduced into the world. Much like his father and mother, he was physically lacking in the traits their tribes so desired. His father decided it was best if Tristan mingled with others as much as possible, but this decision did not affect Tristan much at all. Most of the time he spent his time watching, listening, waiting for some unexplainable answer to an otherwise unspoken question. Tristan very much disliked his life from the moment his mind could realize it could even dislike at all. Perhaps it was the “another troubled family in Howldon” idea.

But in truth his family’s troubles were not actually problems; they were merely regrets held high above them, casting some disgraceful shadow. It is in this, as Tristan grew, that bothered him the most: he did not want to share the same life as his parents. Somehow all the evidence suggested he would -- even for his younger sister, born sometime after his mother found an ownership interest in her friend’s restaurant. She, too, is bound by the fate of inevitable plainness.

Against all odds however, during his time in school, Tristan stumbled on what could be called his first love: literature. Literature felt so invigorating; the poetry full of experience, of stimulation, and the prose of such wonderful fiction. Soon he had a dream all to himself…the dream of being a writer.

Of course this passion was little without effort: the longest midnight hour stood weak against the inevitability of the choice for survival--stability. He had to settle, at least for now. And if he never found his passion a reality what difference did it make? The dreams of a child held little merit against the fact of the world. At least this was his way to talk himself out of searching for more. Tristan used his mother’s connections to wait at the restaurant, where he currently mulls in employment. While he still made the habit to jot down ideas, truth, lies and the seen between work and dismay, the color of his passion faded just enough for him to accept the “inevitability.”

Until his father decided to leave. Just like that -- poof! Gone with the wind. Tristan felt less hit than his mother, but she seemed entirely fine once she spent a few nights with her friend…her partner at the restaurant. Funny how much time they spent together. As long as she felt good, he did not try to question it.

His father did not leave without any goodbyes however. In Tristan’s personal belongings lay perhaps the most ugliest book he’d ever seen: a book without a title. On said book was a note, a letter of farewell:

My son,

If you are reading this, I am probably far away from home -- too far to come and look for me. I can’t explain why I had to leave but it’s important to me. I have never lived my dreams and will definitely do so now. I ain’t got the words to comfort you or your sister. All I do have for you is some advice…the last I can give you for now: do not stay where you are at. Do not become what me and your mom are…just casual people, ordinary, and without love or reason. You have a talent son and I hope you find a reason to explore it. This book was given to me years ago. I have never understood the letters inside but I know you have the brains for it.

I love you very much.

“If I were able to write a biography, “if” is a big play in this, I would write my story in chapters with words that evoke admiration. I could be one of the greats…

Scratch that, I could be The Greatest, the one that sets the bar of which future generations conform. The only problem is that words, my words especially, are two-faced whores… selling themselves to everyone except me."

Name: Tristan Niveus

Aliases: None

Birthdate: 03/15/343 (19-years old)

Race: Efferii (White Shepherd)

Appearance: There is little to say about Tristan’s appearance, most of the time he passes off as any other stranger (except for those unusually sharp-looking doggie teeth, ouch!), but there is a tone to him that is buried beneath his casual and common demeanor, something that even he has missed throughout the years. If one could generalize occupation with appearance, as many do I am sure, Tristan has what someone may refer to as the “typical” librarian, if anyone could spot his face pulled from the books he hides it with that is, and with this mild-mannered, intellectual appearance  there is often a surprise when someone actually familiarizes themselves with him.  His platinum blond hair reaches his chin, often bringing more attention to his dark brown eyes, or to his olive tone flesh. Indeed, in another light he can look very… different.

Transformation: Tristan is able to shape-shift into his animal essence, a White Shepherd, with relative ease. In this form his frame is around twenty-eight inches in length and twenty-five inches in height and is distinguished by weather-resistant, platinum blond fur. There is a middle form that is a combination of both his humanoid and animal form, at least there is in theory, but despite his efforts he has yet been able to fully use this hypothetical transformation. Perhaps a nudge in the right direction may trigger this change.

Personality: Temperamental, curious and ambitious. Despite his intelligence, Tristan at times shows a lack of common sense in situations that may seem rather simple to others.

Alignment: Neutral Good

Languages Spoken: Esferin and Avarin; semi-fluent in Eldarin.

Job/Class: Waiter, though seeks a profession in writing.

Material: Two hardback books, notebook with paper, pens and pencils all safe in his old brown bag. Curious material is curious. This is what can be found on his person most, if not all, the time.

Talents: Tristan has the innate abilities of any Efferii, although transfiguration isn’t quite included in this list yet for some reason, a fact that deeply irritates him. Aside from this, he does show talents with words; he is not the best of writers, he’ll even go as far as saying he is one of the worst, but his passion and love for literature are drive enough to endeavor in the art and seek professional livelihood as a writer someday. Another and less known talent is his voice. Although he may not give off the artistic impression of a singer, singing is another goal of his, as is possibly having a few of his own material in the media.

Skills: I wouldn’t say that Tristan is skillful in much beyond his studies, though his studies is where his talents are honing into skills. He makes it a habit to learn as much as he can whenever he can, this is the student in him, and does very well in obtaining this knowledge. If studentship could be considered a skill, this would definitely be the top of his list.

Background/History:

Tristan comes from a long line of to-doers, those that have shown passion and ability yet have never taken their dreams beyond the theoretical standpoint, a fact he is very uncomfortable with, sometimes even fearful of the same fate. His father is a salesman with an opinion few could appreciate, his mother a cook that faced mild-success before his birth, which dwindled and died afterwards. Yes, a very annoying truth he struggles with. Another troubled family in Howldon.

His family troubles weren’t really troubles at all, just a group of people with work-a-day lives with an entire world to dream of while they settled for the first scrap to pass by. This was to be his fate as well, the family tradition, but fate would not have such a gray blanket for young Tristan. His early years in school introduced him to true love even before he really knew what love is: literature, music, and the fashion-line between them.

Of course this passion was little without effort, and even his longest late hour stood weak against the inevitable choice of survival: he had to settle… for now. After all, the dreams of a child held little merit. He needed stability.

His mother still had connections in the food industry, though something of small-time businesses were the selection of jobs available for young Tristan. This life is not a dramatic tale… no, not for Tristan… it is a tale of possibility, of whether chance could possibly knock at his door. A waiter is not the life he wants.

Past Storylines:

- Title:
    - Date:

Merit Purchases:

Locations:
    -
    -
    Titles:
    -
    -
    Magick:
    -
    -
    Items:
    -
    -

Last edited by Tristan on Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:20 am; edited 6 times in total
    Eplith
    Eplith

Tristan Empty Re: Tristan

Post  Eplith Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:30 pm

Revised.

Last edited by Thomas on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Green
    Green

Post  Green Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:56 pm

Approved
    Tristan
    Tristan

Post  Tristan Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:22 am

I have made edits to this character. You can freely compare the new edited work (in white) with the originally approved version (in purple). Major changes include the actual Essence in my character, refined areas in the skill/talents area and added components in the history/background.

I already have an open thread with this character and I will revise said thread to reflect these changes. Feel free to ask any questions.
    Green
    Green

Post  Green Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:21 am

Approved yet again

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:04 am